Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bee Dancer : Bee Queen


In this video I, Sara Mapelli, am dancing with 12,000 honey bees. This is my second bee dance and I am planing a third. I think of this dance as a duet among many. The bees push with their powerful wings from each side of my body, I resist and then I let go and flow and move with them. It is a deep meditation and I feel the hive mind surround me, hold me, and expand my body on a cellular level. I am a healer, dancer, artist, builder of structures and bee keeper. As a bee keeper my partner and I hope to help the bees of the northwest by encouraging them to swarm and become hardy to the ever changing environment.

I have been helping people heal for 21 years. To read more about my in office and long distant sessions visit seventhwave.org

To learn more about the plight of the Honey Bee see the film Queen of the Sun, footage from this shoot opens the film. You can order it in 18 different subtitled languages at queenofthesun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment