Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Local Recycling Plant is a treasure chest

I needed some more compost soil and sine my local recycling plant is offering free compost soil there I went :) While I was there I saw a huge amount of old windows! I collect windows for building green houses and for covering cold frames. So I came back home with lots of top soil and 6 windows :) very happy indeed :)
 I even found one small chicken house door
Update on the chicks;
They are doing great and are very relaxed :) Their feathers are still damaged but in about max two month new feathers should replace the damaged ones. I get 2 eggs per day. They go out when its sunny but when cloudy and windy as today, they rather retreat into the house. Seems like they like the sitting stick ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment